These are my selections for January 2013. I love that the magazine can appeal to such a wide audience and age groups – some of the patterns can be wacky. But one persons wacky is another ones perfect!
- I’ve already started the tulle skirt (almost finished), and have made the sheath dress which is a really lovely, flattering shape – pretty sure I’ll be making it again.
- There are several patterns in here that will be challenging for me as I have never worked in leather or faux leather before. Nor have I ever sewn sequins.
- The slim pants image makes the waistband look a bit weird, but in the technical drawing this is a standard straight waistband – these look like very simple and quick pants to make.
- The two waterfall jackets are plus size, there are some really lovely plus size patterns in this issue, really flattering and funky (the burda plus patterns can be really hit and miss) I’ll have to scale them down to fit me (I’m an Australian size 10)
- The trakky daks also look like a quick and simple pattern, however the crotch looks extremly long. I’m quite short waisted so will have to remove about 10cm so that the waist band sits on my hips
You can buy these patterns here http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store