SO I’ve decided to review all of my burda magazines and pull out the things I really would love to make (with all my spare time!). December 2012 is a particularly strong issue. Burda always does outerwear fantastically, and the multicolour coat is a standout piece.
- I’ve never sewn with sequins so the little top looks like a good intro project to try them out with.
- The long sleeve dress is styled in particularly awful grey bulky fabric, but done in something a bit more lightweight its a classic design that I can see myself sewing more than once.
- The little A-Line girls dress is adorable, I’ll definitely do (perhaps matching) versions for my girls. And both the girls jackets are amazing – so stylish yet practical.
- The maxidress is shown in hideous shiny fabric making it look more nighty than a dress, but I think in a sold black or white it would be beautiful
- I love the jodhpur pants but I wouldn’t do the panelling in different colours – perhaps a black or dark teal
- One day I will also learn how to knit…. this cardi looks like it would be quite easy to make
You can also purchase all these patterns on Burdastyle.com (I’ve also listed the pattern number if you’re interested).
This issue of Burda Style is one of my favourites. Some awesome coats, a couple of really cute kids clothing. And some gorgeous dresses. The only problem is finding the time to make them all at once!